Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
David Seabrook
AIA Proofreader
  • Total Posts : 16411
  • Reward points : 0
2008/04/26 00:44:27 (permalink)

Pictures Of Dead People

One of the few things I really don't like about the site are the profiles which feature pictures of dead people (or dying people).  This is supposed to be an entertainment website, and I think pictures of dead bodies are somewhat inappropriate for an entertainment-based site. 

It's no secret that I'm squeamish, so pictures of a murdered Bugsy Siegel, Tupac Shakur's autopsy or Benito Mussolini's hanging corpse, etc. are disgusting to me.  It'd be a lot of hassle, but I think the possibility of replacing all of the 'deceased' photos with more appropriate photos wouldn't be such a terrible idea.

After all, it's supposed to be a fun and entertaining website!  If people want to look at pictures of dead bodies, there are plenty of websites where they can get their fix.

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.

70 Replies Related Threads

crazytrain
    Thug of the Fight Club
    • Total Posts : 6817
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 03:35:30 (permalink)
    If it bleeds, it leads. I say if you can't handle it, go to another website. Like the old saying goes, "if you dont like whats on the radio, turn the station." I like the gruesome photos. TA is keeping it real. It's a part of life. I'd be alarmed if the majority of pics were of that nature, but their not.
    post edited by crazytrain - 2008/04/26 03:36:32

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it's tough to run against Santa Claus."- Rush Limbaugh
    black_chic
    Hot, Real Hot
    • Total Posts : 6504
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 11:21:40 (permalink)
    The 2Pac picture I found to be REALLY disturbing, but TA addressed it in the profile....I don't see the need for autopsy photos but it's TA's site and the Fellas' call....So be it!  

And yet it moves!
    David Seabrook
    AIA Proofreader
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 13:53:12 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: crazytrain

I say if you can't handle it, go to another website.

So, how would you like it if I went to another website because I couldn't handle the out-of-place pictures of dead people?

I've been silent on the matter for four years, so I figured I'd ask what purpose pictures of dead/bloodied/mutilated bodies have on an entertainment based website?

black_chic
    Hot, Real Hot
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 14:12:23 (permalink)
    Since Sea-Diva's speaking out about what he hates on this site, I'll tell y'all how I really feel.....

I can't stand those collections like..."Burnt Bagels (Black Jews)!!"  There's such a negative connotation to the word "burnt."  I also hate the "Wigger" and "Hit The Wall" collections!  WTF?  Not all men get old and distinguished!  Shit!  Wayne Newton looks mummified!  So, yeah, men definitely hit the wall...HARD!!!

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Sea-Man....     

And yet it moves!
    Jack Magic
    Pain in the Ass
    • Total Posts : 4675
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 16:30:23 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: David Seabrook

One of the few things I really don't like about the site are the profiles which feature pictures of dead people (or dying people).  This is supposed to be an entertainment website, and I think pictures of dead bodies are somewhat inappropriate for an entertainment-based site. 

I'm not bothered by all the dead body pics. The only ones that bother me are the ones that are graphic or bloody such as Bugsy Siegel or Tupac Shakur.

YOU TEARING ME APART LISA!
    David Seabrook
    AIA Proofreader
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 16:31:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: black_chic

I can't stand those collections like..."Burnt Bagels (Black Jews)!!"  There's such a negative connotation to the word "burnt."  I also hate the "Wigger" and "Hit The Wall" collections!  WTF?

I totally agree with you on this point!  I think collections like 'Uncle Toms,' 'White Men Loved By Blacks,' 'Black Men Loved By Whites,' 'Black Heavyweights,' etc. deserve a WTF?

As annoying as I find those types of collections, I'm more annoyed by pictures of dead bodies.

Jack Magic
    Pain in the Ass
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 16:32:01 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: black_chic

Since Sea-Diva's speaking out about what he hates on this site, I'll tell y'all how I really feel.....

I can't stand those collections like..."Burnt Bagels (Black Jews)!!"  There's such a negative connotation to the word "burnt."  I  

I agree the word "burnt" does have a rather negative connotation to it. Perhaps "Toasted Bagel" would be different?

David Seabrook
    AIA Proofreader
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 16:35:14 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Jack Magic

I agree the word "burnt" does have a rather negative connotation to it. Perhaps "Toasted Bagel" would be different?

I don't speak for black_chic, but from my perspective, any synonym for 'burnt' wouldn't make a difference.  The connotation is still there.

Erin
    Annoyatorium's Pet Kitty
    • Total Posts : 7093
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 20:42:04 (permalink)
    I hate the fact that Italy is put in the "Short Fuses" collection and the "Furmales" collection. I am not hairy, tyvm. And every Italian person I've met (not counting myself, I have a temper) is easygoing. 

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." - Maya Angelou

Obama won, things will get done!
    black_chic
    Hot, Real Hot
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 20:53:44 (permalink)
    Initially, collections a la "Asian Hunks" and "Black & Beautiful" were cool!  Ain't nothin' wrong with recognizing all shades of beauty and sex appeal!  But when ethnic crap like "Green Bagels (Irish Jews)" and "Pizza, Well Done (Black Italians)" started popping up, it pissed me off because that's over the top!     

Speaking of dead folks' pictures, why is Che Guevara's most famous image not the one on the site?  It's not trademarked like Barney's annoying purple ass!  

And yet it moves!
    Erin
    Annoyatorium's Pet Kitty
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 21:43:02 (permalink)
    I started those collections with the one called "Pizza Bagels" because Ryan said if we ever had children, that's what they would be. I thought it was cute.

But I don't like the ones that are insulting.

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." - Maya Angelou

black_chic
    Hot, Real Hot
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 21:56:18 (permalink)
    The "Burnt Bagel" collection was the one that pissed me off because of the term "burnt."  It was just so negative-sounding....

And yet it moves!
    Erin
    Annoyatorium's Pet Kitty
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 22:09:24 (permalink)
    That is understandable. I'm also with you on the "Hit the Wall" collection. Personally, men age worse than women do, in my opinion.

See my Bryan Callen rant.

Jack Magic
    Pain in the Ass
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/26 23:41:55 (permalink)
    I actually got the idea for the suggested "Chocolate Milk" collection from the "Pizza Bagels..etc " collections. I was hesitant about posting it because I didn't know if anyone would get upset about it. I don't think it really has a negative sound to it. After all most people love chocholate milk don't they?

black_chic
    Hot, Real Hot
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/27 11:08:40 (permalink)
    If Team Annoy feels these ethnic collections and bloody photos are OK, since it is the trio's site, that's all that counts.  Still, AIA members should feel free to voice any concerns and objections about such things.   

And yet it moves!
    David Seabrook
    AIA Proofreader
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/28 01:24:19 (permalink)
    Bruce--your thoughts, please!

Bruce
    Team Annoy
    • Total Posts : 9441
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/28 04:53:53 (permalink)
    I am aware of the different sensitivity levels everyone has but there is one thing I hope we can all agree with.   It is better to live in a free society with opinions that we may not like than live in one that is censored.

I understand, David you may be uncomfortable seeing the rare photo of a dead person on the site.  How many of the 23,000 profiles feature a photo of a dead person (less than .001%).
    But, I am sure there are others who's stomach turns seeing a photo of a racist, criminal, child molestor, anti-semite, person with a disability, terrorist, religious zealot, murderer, polygamist, etc.

This site never claimed to be politically correct.

TEAM ANNOY!
    Bruce
    Team Annoy
    • Total Posts : 9441
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/28 04:57:29 (permalink)
    .... and just another thought - there are probably close to a billion peope who either have a picture, statue or jewelry of Christ dying on the cross.
    post edited by Bruce - 2008/04/28 04:58:38

TEAM ANNOY!
    Scar Tactics
    Scarred To Death
    • Total Posts : 37128
    RE: Pictures Of Dead People 2008/04/28 16:37:09 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Bruce

.... and just another thought - there are probably close to a billion peope who either have a picture, statue or jewelry of Christ dying on the cross.

This is why you need to post more often Bruce. This is a priceless comment. I've been brainwashed to accepting the fact that these billion people are sickos for having a dying guy so promenently and proudly displayed in their homes and on their person.
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6