Hot!UK Votes OUT of Europe!!!!! We Are Free!

Author
ldopas
I Gots People Skills
  • Total Posts : 4569
  • Reward points : 0
2016/06/24 04:40:18 (permalink)

UK Votes OUT of Europe!!!!! We Are Free!

I voted out. And so the UK will exit the EU. Brilliant!

The Prime Minister Resigns.

We believe the Opposition Leader will be challenged for his leadership later.

Scotland will soon trigger an independence vote, and being English/Welsh I want them to go independent from us so we can stop paying for them.

All going great over here at the moment!

4 Replies Related Threads

Hoxy
    Hoosier Hoops Guru
    • Total Posts : 10864
    Re: UK Votes OUT of Europe!!!!! We Are Free! 2016/06/24 08:53:07 (permalink)
    I'm just curious of why you support the UK leaving the EU.  I know my main knowledge of the vote is from following the news from across the Atlantic, so I don't have first-hand knowledge of why a slight majority (mostly in England & Wales) wanted the UK to leave the EU (I noticed Scotland, N. Ireland and urban London were in favor of staying).  It seemed like many of the reasons why Brits voted like they did are the same as why Donald Trump has support here in the States; a nationalistic, anti-immigrant sentiment.  I just wanted to hear your take 
    David Seabrook
    AIA Proofreader
    • Total Posts : 16874
    Re: UK Votes OUT of Europe!!!!! We Are Free! 2016/06/24 14:06:42 (permalink)
    I'd be curious to read why you supported leaving the EU, as well.  A lot of parallels are being made between this vote, and Donald Trump's "surging" popularity - both being attributed to "working class angst" and a move toward "isolationism".  Analysts are saying this is a trend that might be seen among many western democracies, with "anti-immigration white people" being the driving force.  I'm fairly certain you supported this mainly for economic and autonomy reasons, do any arguments of anti-immigration seem like rubbish to you?

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.
    iHATEu10666
    Give me a few days...
    • Total Posts : 5938
    Re: UK Votes OUT of Europe!!!!! We Are Free! 2018/09/08 01:10:16 (permalink)
    So, would you say this post has aged well? :)

Back for good. Seriously.

"Lack of money is the root of all evil." -- Oscar Wilde.
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    • Total Posts : 4569
    Re: UK Votes OUT of Europe!!!!! We Are Free! 2018/09/19 14:57:50 (permalink)
    So, would you say this post has aged well? :)

You posted the above question.

Do you mean this post has aged well, ie here? Not really as there are hardly any replies. but I'm not surprised, as most Americans have a thin grasp on European politics anyway. (That by the way is not a criticism, just fact, there is no reason they should. I don't know US politics in depth).

Or do you mean is the negotiation going well? Not really. But that is because the people who lost, the remainers (we call them remoaners) are undemocratically trying to overturn the vote we took and won. Allied to that our politicians, like yours, are also trying to undermine the peoples vote. Our prime minister is trying to do a ludicrous deal with the EU, one we never voted for, to remain half in half out. The EU is also playing like upset children in the talks for this deal as well.

Let me make this clear. Over 17 million people voted to leave. The biggest democratic vote in the UKs history. Fact. We voted to leave, not deal. Very very simple. Leave means walk away and trade with the world without the rules and shackles of the unelected EU.
    post edited by ldopas - 2018/09/19 15:01:57
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6