Notice affecting new season profiles (Survivor, ANTM, DWTS, and possibly AI)

Author
Locked Out
Cranky
  • Total Posts : 75
  • Reward points : 0
2017/09/11 16:40:00 (permalink)

Notice affecting new season profiles (Survivor, ANTM, DWTS, and possibly AI)

This is the last series of profiles not to be affected by the site glitch.  The profile counter currently states that we have amassed more than 41,000 profiles.  Unfortunately not the case.  It started around the time Survivor: Game Changers ended… and is still happening.  This means some numbers have been skipped over; until recently, the hundreds digit for the affected profiles was most likely to be a 0.

When a collection is submitted for a new season of an ongoing reality series, it’s not uncommon for profiles of later castoffs to feature links to the pages of earlier castoffs.  With the problem we’re experiencing now, we will not have their true profile numbers (which is lower than indicated).

This may have happened with the latest Big Brother season.  For coming seasons of Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, and America’s Next Top Model, etc., and those of us who will be profiling its contestants, this could complicate things.

What are your propositions?  Mine is to hold off on all such submissions until we can get it fixed.  If the glitch is fixed after submission, these links will become incorrect.

I put it here because the new Survivor season is in two weeks.

2 Replies Related Threads

David Seabrook
    AIA Proofreader
    • Total Posts : 16773
    Re: Notice affecting new season profiles (Survivor, ANTM, DWTS, and possibly AI) 2017/09/12 00:00:44 (permalink)
    I'm not sure what caused the glitch.  I'm not sure if/when the glitch will ever be repaired.  My suggestion would be, don't hold off on writing new profiles.  Go ahead and submit them as normal.

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.
    Locked Out
    Cranky
    • Total Posts : 75
    Re: Notice affecting new season profiles (Survivor, ANTM, DWTS, and possibly AI) 2017/09/12 15:56:38 (permalink)
    David Seabrook
    I'm not sure what caused the glitch.  I'm not sure if/when the glitch will ever be repaired.  My suggestion would be, don't hold off on writing new profiles.  Go ahead and submit them as normal.

(Richard Moll voice) Oooooooooooookay.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6