Hot!Bruce

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Author
Sabrina
Head of the Sabrinatorium
  • Total Posts : 17783
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Bruce 2010/04/26 12:15:22 (permalink)
Too stunned, sad, no words right now.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
Isaac Asimov

poeboy
Media Boy
  • Total Posts : 9757
RE: Bruce 2010/04/26 12:43:41 (permalink)
I have no words that are adequate at this time. This is very sad. Bruce was something, man. Your family has my deepest sympathy.

Ask me for my advice here.
The poeboy Corporation-Improving the world through sex and sarcasm.
Maribeth
Pleasant
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Bruce 2010/04/26 15:46:11 (permalink)
Hey, Big Bruce.!  Now that we now have to visit you, can I offer my brisket? 

Marc
Team Annoy
  • Total Posts : 1230
RE: Bruce 2010/04/26 21:21:10 (permalink)
I just wanted to give you all an update and say thank you to everyone who has been sharing their thoughts and memories of Bruce so far. Many of his personal friends and loved ones have been reading your posts and it is comforting to see all the great things everyone is saying.

Bruce's funeral was yesterday. It was rainy here in New York, but a it didn't stop a roomful of friends and family from coming from long and short distances to pay their final respects.

Thank you all for sharing some great memories.

Marc
Birdienest81
Annoyatoriums Oscar Guru
  • Total Posts : 22982
RE: Bruce 2010/04/26 22:08:21 (permalink)

"Have a sense of humor about life - you will need it. And be courteous."

-Peter Jennings

#BuildBackBetter

Scar Tactics
Scarred To Death
  • Total Posts : 37128
RE: Bruce 2010/04/27 00:41:24 (permalink)
Marc,

I was wondering, being how Bruce was such a huge fan, and the fact he's referred to AIA in the past on his show, if Howard Stern was made aware of Bruce's passing?
Captain Howdy
Stay Away
  • Total Posts : 7461
RE: Bruce 2010/04/27 15:03:11 (permalink)
One of the things I'd like to point out with Bruce even with the Greene County gag, he took the time to reach out to that crazy kid and invite him back here even after all the madness. Again, it shows his character.

http://www.annoyatorium.com/tm.aspx?m=151113&mpage=1&key=greene&#152812

This site is really going to miss him. He was kind of the spirit of the site. Irreplaceable.

In heaven, everything is fine.
Scar Tactics
Scarred To Death
RE: Bruce 2010/04/28 17:01:56 (permalink)
His father was from Czestochowa, Poland and mother from the Bronx, New York.

Interesting combo.

Scar Tactette's father's father came 'off the boat' from Poland and her mother's side of the family have deep Kentucky roots, so I married a redneck Pollock!
iHATEu10666
Give me a few days...
  • Total Posts : 5938
RE: Bruce 2010/04/28 23:32:15 (permalink)
When I was twelve or thirteen, I submitted a profile on Pui Fan Lee, the actress who played Po on The Teletubbies. It was pretty meager, with only a couple of vague lines and credentials. Bruce messaged me in response the next day, with the subject line "This is crap." Damn near killed my twelve-year-old ego.

That was Bruce's thing, though: he'd call you out on your shit, as long as you'd shat it out. I think the only quote of his I can recite, verbatim, is "Blossman, you fucking retard!" His colorful language and responses to posts always made me smile. Even though he really took to "keeping house" as far as keeping this place in check goes, he was genuinely a really nice guy. And his "Who we are" section of the page was hilarious; it was damn cool to be online friends with a character who bought pants-in-a-pouch and taped every single TV series.

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but when I heard that Bruce had passed, my jaw dropped. Marc, my heart goes out to you and your family, and all his friends on- and offline.

Back for good. Seriously.

"Lack of money is the root of all evil." -- Oscar Wilde.
campwankyourself
Please Pay Attention to Me!
  • Total Posts : 2260
RE: Bruce 2010/05/04 02:37:59 (permalink)
I can't believe Bruce never banned me for calling him fat Hitler, I've been on a few boards since then and I've been disciplined for so so little and to think on this board I could call the main guy a fat Hitler and he wouldn't even suspend me.  Earlier I had quit the forum and I never really planned on coming back because so many of the original members were gone but I came back somewhat recently just for the thought that this board was so loosely moderated and it actually lives up to the promise of the internet being a place where you can let your freak flag fly and be as big of an asshole as you want (which for me is pretty big).  I was disappointed to see he didn't post anymore (besides updates) because he really was a funny guy with his wacked up views and stubbornness behind them. 

He's easily the best forum administrator I've ever known.  This is all cold comfort because I always treated him like shit (some tongue in cheek, especially most recently)and never let him know I actually liked him but I really did appreciate him and was sad to see him gone.  I didn't know him personally so I don't want to sound phony and make it seem like I'm devastated but I honestly think with all the time I've spent on here I feel like a piece of my past is permanently gone
post edited by campwankyourself - 2010/05/04 03:17:40

I'm a Chiquita banana and I'm here to say; campwankyourself is better than any fucking banana
VictoriaGeekmaster
Pleasant
  • Total Posts : 8
RE: Bruce 2010/05/05 03:47:04 (permalink)
Bruce was the first person I ever conversed with from this forum. He was always very kind, always made sure to tell me he loved me , and would never bullshit me when I was acting stupid--which was often.

Bruce always encouraged my writing (even the bad stuff) and encouraged me to do more profiles. He was a great guy, and I'm going to miss him.

Oh, Bambi. I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy.
Maledictis_Umbra
Nusiance
  • Total Posts : 228
RE: Bruce 2010/05/09 03:50:33 (permalink)
Wow...This kinda re-humanizes the internet realm..The fact that even online people you call friends die...You sometimes get wrapped up in the fact that you don't see them and sometimes forget that they're flesh and blood just like you, or at least I do.

But I'm really sorry for the loss of your uncle, it must really be hard. I won't bother with the cliche sayings you're probably already used to when you've lost a family member, but take care, and...I hope everything goes well for you.

If you can't stand me, then sit down.
Wieland Kalligaro I
Pleasant
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Bruce 2010/05/12 14:39:33 (permalink)
I couldn't believe this when I heard the news. Bruce was the first contact I ever made at AmIAnnoying, as I'm sure he was to all of us. For a time I wrote a lot of profiles here, and he was always a good editor, and a generous one. He trusted his writers to know what they were talking about, and made sure we followed his rules - unless we could manage to break them in funny ways. At the time I remember thinking it was the best writing job I'd ever had, and I still think of it that way! As for his own work, he could do more with three words (whether it was in a profile or in a rebuttal to someone who annoyed *him*) than the rest of us could do with twenty.

As for the Annoyatorium, Bruce was a master manager of the diverse personalities here. I'm not surprised to learn he was an uncle - he was a lovable, slightly grumpy uncle to all of us, and we all respected him, even at the times when we didn't respect each other!

It has been a long time since I was a part of this community (I actually had to create a new account, since I couldn't remember my old password). But reading everything you've all written - hearing all those old familiar voices - it just brings it all rushing back to me, all the giddy conversations and debates, the elections and cage matches. . . . I guess that's what wakes are supposed to make us do - remember the good old times. It was a special thing that Bruce and the rest of Team Annoy made, and to me, anyway, it felt like a magic corner of the Internet somehow meant just for us. I hope Bruce would be happy to know we think of it that way.

Flags at half-mast in Kafghanistan for a month. Salute! Love you all.
devil doll
AIA Proofreader
  • Total Posts : 6263
RE: Bruce 2010/05/12 16:46:19 (permalink)
he was a lovable, slightly grumpy uncle to all of us

Exactly.

He says the sun came out last night. He says it sang to him.--Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Scar Tactics
Scarred To Death
RE: Bruce 2010/05/12 17:33:41 (permalink)
Please to see old friends (Wieland, hate, Geek, Howdy, et al) weigh in on Bruce's passing.

Bruce's legenday wit, charm, tirades, shenanigans and, well, Bruce being Bruce, cannot be replaced, but I'm certainly happy that the site is continuing (as I'm sure Bruce would have wanted).

When I get to profile #900 and need a new collection number, I'm certain it will hit me that I will no longer have Bruce to assign one and give me a verbal pat on the back for my efforts.

I'm like so many others here - I didn't always agree with Bruce, but I always respected him and I miss him like the dickens.

Classie
Cranky
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: Bruce 2010/05/12 19:28:50 (permalink)
Awww I liked him. :( Until he turned on me when I became uber-republicized
Marc
Team Annoy
  • Total Posts : 1230
RE: Bruce 2010/05/15 09:34:52 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Scar Tactics

Marc,

I was wondering, being how Bruce was such a huge fan, and the fact he's referred to AIA in the past on his show, if Howard Stern was made aware of Bruce's passing?

Scar,

We didn't send any message to the Stern Show. I wasn't sure if anyone knew him by name or if they just knew AmIAnnoying.com. I would like to figure out how to get in touch with Eric the Midget, though. I know Bruce communicated with him quite a bit and I'm sure he'd like to know what happened.

Marc
missMo
Pleasant
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Bruce 2010/05/18 22:52:05 (permalink)
I spoke with Eric today and let him know. He was very sad to hear the news, as was the rest of us Stern fans that had daily contact with him. I am the girl in the picture with Eric that Bruce added on the Eric the Midget AIA profile. I could not stop crying today when I realized why I haven't been getting my usual Bruce contact.
battyx3
Butt YX3
  • Total Posts : 3873
RE: Bruce 2010/05/20 00:43:43 (permalink)

Marc, I really hope you are doing okay.

YOU CAN CALL ME BATTY-LICIOUS!!!

In every grade school class, there was a kid who picked his nose like no one was watching. Mine was Dennis...who was yours?
campwankyourself
Please Pay Attention to Me!
  • Total Posts : 2260
RE: Bruce 2010/05/20 02:41:26 (permalink)
What's the status of the site anyhow?  Is it going under?

I'm a Chiquita banana and I'm here to say; campwankyourself is better than any fucking banana
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Jump to:
© 2022 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6