Hot!Uncle Toms

Author
kittencat
Nusiance
  • Total Posts : 401
  • Reward points : 0
2011/04/14 16:16:56 (permalink)

Uncle Toms

I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought it was so good that I had to share it with all of you. It's a little out of date but it might make you want to rethink Amiannoying having this category in their site:

FIFTEEN WAYS TO AVOID BEING
CALLED AN "UNCLE TOM"
By Larry Elder

1. See every Spike Lee movie. Pronounce each brilliant (even School
Daze). Attack any non-black who disagrees. ("You wouldn't understand.
It's a black thing.")

2. Whenever possible, disparage the success of other ethnic groups.
Never attribute their success to hard work, discipline and sacrifice. Jews
cheat. Koreans deceive. Japanese sneak.

3. If you are black, never publicly acknowledge hard work as the key to
success. If living in a suburb, driving a nice car, you've "sold out." So
whenever possible, disparage your own success by citing racist
enemies conquered and enemy terrain (all offices, factories, non-black
customers) "overcome."

4. Remember every racial slight and slur that's ever happened to you.
Forget how long ago or what idiot said it. All racist remarks should be
retained, remembered, regurgitated.

5. Always construe unpleasant remarks as racist. Dumb statements made
by non-blacks are never just dumb, insensitive or naive. When a curious
non-black classmate asks why so many blacks sit together, accuse him
of racism.

6. Never look happy or comfortable. Rap artists don't smile. Neither
should you. Snoop Doggy Dogg, Ice-T and Public Enemy never grin.
This would suggest, "Hot damn, I'm rich! America works!"

7. Jessie Jackson is always right. Never question 30 years of welfare,
jobs programs, public housing or minimum wage laws. To challenge
these policies is to blame the "victims."

8. Treat "black problems" separate and apart from "America's problems."
Never suggest that high taxes or excessive regulation destroy jobs,
denying opportunities to the weakest segment of society.

9. Show no interest in "non-black" things. Do not read Russian literature,
study European or Asian art or attend plays without black themes. Never
say anything positive about Barbara Streisand, the MacNeil-Lehrer
Report or haiku.

10. Feel guilty about success. If you prosper, others will demand that you
"give something back," that you "don't forget your roots." They will ask,
"What have you done to help others?" Working hard, paying taxes and
raising productive children are inadequate.

11. Discount positive news. Polls show many non-black Americans favor
Colin Powell for President of the United States. The black middle class is
growing faster than the white middle class. Nearly 10 percent of black
families now earn $50,000 a year or more. The combined income of
black America exceeds that of all but 10 countries. Ignore this.
to mention good things means a "lack of perspective."

12. Purchase books by angry blacks. Read books by former
gang-bangers who attack "the system."

13. Show outrage and indignation whenever a white kills a black.
Whenever a black kills a black (as is most likely the case), sigh, shrug
your shoulders and mutter something like, "Well..."

14. Avoid having too many non-black friends, especially white ones.
Don't' want to lose your "sense of identity."

15. Refer to the 1992 Los Angeles riots as an "uprising." (Don't ask.)

17 Replies Related Threads

ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    • Total Posts : 4576
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/16 08:19:50 (permalink)
    Mmm, slightly racist post in itself. but some home truths there I guess.

Look, every creed, colour and religion has its own faults. Of course it does!

Im white and have no guilt of what my ancestors did in the world, because I wasnt there! just wanted to say that before you accuse me of being politically correct etc.

But of course, you could juxtapose the word white and alter it only slightly to call it "How to avoid being called a honky".

I do however agree that it is time for SOME people in SOMe minorites to stop playing the victims as an excuse to allow themselves to fail.

ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/16 08:21:58 (permalink)
    By the way, can I ask....

Is this a US thing?

Because Im not saying the UK doesnt have the odd race issue, but the colour issue just isnt brought up as much as you guys seem to bring it up all the time! And you have a much larger percentage of black and hispanics making up your nation, so you should be integrating better. Surely?
    kittencat
    Nusiance
    • Total Posts : 401
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/16 12:04:48 (permalink)
    It probably is a U.S. thing for a couple of reasons. For one thing most people in the U.S. are not descended from the native people (unlike say many Latin American countries or even the U.K.) so people are prone to describe themselves as being what their ancestors were leading to the controversial habit of being a "hyphenated American." The other thing I can think of is that sadly for most of it's history the U.S. has had racist laws, including after slavery which it's my understanding other countries in the Western Hemisphere did not have. I could be wrong about that though. However to a Yank, other countries in the New World have a very different way of looking at race than we do: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/black-in-latin-america/. And even though Larry Elder says "don't ask" about the uprising part I thought this was interesting http://old.cinema.ucla.edu/pdfs/RK_LA.pdf

My breath smells like cat food.
    Scar Tactics
    Scarred To Death
    • Total Posts : 37128
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/16 12:19:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ldopas

you guys seem to bring it up all the time!

Mmm, quite a broad brush stroke. Indeed.
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/16 12:39:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Scar Tactics

ORIGINAL: ldopas

you guys seem to bring it up all the time!

Mmm, quite a broad brush stroke. Indeed.

Maybe. But then Ive been to the southern states many many times, so I can say that first hand. Also Black Panthers, Affirmative Action, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Jessie Jackson etc......
    Maledictis_Umbra
    Nusiance
    • Total Posts : 228
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/20 15:50:34 (permalink)
    I do however agree that it is time for SOME people in SOMe minorites to stop playing the victims as an excuse to allow themselves to fail.

It's a minority thing, specific, although not inclusive to blacks. Ever since we laid them off in 1865 with that ammendment saying they could no longer work for us, they've had a fuckin infected hair up their asses. It's not "some" people when it comes to that minority, it's in their culture and they have as much control over it as you do over your accent.

But then Ive been to the southern states many many times

No matter how much of a mongrol nation we might one day slip into, we can at least know that there will be places like the good ol' south that'll remain true to their nigger lynching white heritage...As for the Black Panthers, from some of the stories I've heard about them, and some of the remnents of them still around, they're nothing more than terrorists like Al Quada. And that "affirmitive" actions by those rabal rouses you mentioned (MLK, Malcolm X, Jessie Jackson) did very little outside of causing racial rioting through their words or assassinations...And yet they call Charles Manson a bad guy for inciting the same thing...

Is this a US thing?

Because Im not saying the UK doesnt have the odd race issue, but the colour issue just isnt brought up as much

Hmmmm wonder why that is...Maybe it's because Americans have the nads to question our heritage and take pride in it and not wanna disgrace our families by dilluting our blood-line with mongrol blood. And because...let's face it...Ya'll over there...Well being the bully in one war then getting your asses kicked at least twice before that has pulled your spines out through your assholes.

If you can't stand me, then sit down.
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/23 11:40:24 (permalink)

It's a minority thing, specific, although not inclusive to blacks. Ever since we laid them off in 1865 with that ammendment saying they could no longer work for us, they've had a fuckin infected hair up their asses. It's not "some" people when it comes to that minority, it's in their culture and they have as much control over it as you do over your accent.

Of dear. Are you in here now posting nonsense? Oh well here we go.

Every culture has an issue. My accent can indeed be changed as can their behaviour and yes even your "shallow end of the swimming pool" beliefs.

Accents do change, automonously if you live in another country long enough, and indeed if you want to change them. So saying people have no control over their accents is erm, garbage.

Therefore not a good example to use.
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/23 11:44:47 (permalink)
    No matter how much of a mongrol nation we might one day slip into, we can at least know that there will be places like the good ol' south that'll remain true to their nigger lynching white heritage...As for the Black Panthers, from some of the stories I've heard about them, and some of the remnents of them still around, they're nothing more than terrorists like Al Quada. And that "affirmitive" actions by those rabal rouses you mentioned (MLK, Malcolm X, Jessie Jackson) did very little outside of causing racial rioting through their words or assassinations...And yet they call Charles Manson a bad guy for inciting the same thing...

Erm, what do you mean: "we might one day slip into"? You ARE a mongrel nation, founded by huge influxes of Germans, English, Irish, French, African Slaves, Indians you repressed, Southern Americans. You know as well as I do there are many areas in the US where english isnt even spoken. You even have US TV channels in other languages. (That isnt the case over here).

Nothing wrong with being mongrels, but to try and deny it and pretend that somehow the US is some sort of white country where everyone else is an intruder is quite frankly, nutso.
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/23 11:53:59 (permalink)
    Hmmmm wonder why that is...Maybe it's because Americans have the nads to question our heritage and take pride in it and not wanna disgrace our families by dilluting our blood-line with mongrol blood. And because...let's face it...Ya'll over there...Well being the bully in one war then getting your asses kicked at least twice before that has pulled your spines out through your assholes.

HeritageS, plural. As I said, you are already mongrels.

And if you are taking the usual moronic stance and mentioning wars. I need to educate you.

The first war you mention, the War of Independence, you didnt win. If you actually opened a history book once in a while you would know that the French, Spanish and Dutch actually won it for you when they joined in. 4 against 1. One War you claim to be so brave in and have won on your own.....you didnt.

The second war you mention. Is WW2. It amazes me that you americans can keep being so jingoistic about it. Evil facism rose up, a facism by the way that exterminated millions of jews, and we were the ONLY country to stand up to it for TWO WHOLE YEARS while you sat on your asses at home. England, a country the size of Maryland fought evil, which decimated our people and country. You only entered when you had to. Even then, a cursory look at the casualty list in the fight against this evil should tell you how many we, the French and the Russians lost, you are way down the list.

So again, actually you should be embarrased trying to play it up as if you were the saviours of mankind having sat at home.

Or is it only wars you are happy to go into heavy and early where the people you are fighting are armed with sticks and live in huts; Vietnam, Korea, Somalia? Rah rah.
    post edited by ldopas - 2011/04/23 11:56:08
    Maledictis_Umbra
    Nusiance
    • Total Posts : 228
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/24 03:27:14 (permalink)
    You're the one that needs to read a history book. For one, you need to understand that no two countries are gonna say the same thing about the same event. And that's what seems to have occured here. Historians in your country only added in stuff that made their country sound good, and in this case they're all in-accurate fairy tales.

While the French, Spanish and Dutch were sending military advisors and supplies, the main active combatants fighting for the colonials cause were home grown (aka American). The French did lend their navy to block one of the British Army's supply source, which drove them to attrocities such as pillaging what they could from local civilians, and usually raping their daughter and wife, then burning their property to where it couldn't be used. That was a common British practice in both the American Revolution and the War of 1812.

Plus, not to mention, Britain pretty much beat themselves when it came to that war. They were fighting else-where and they were already in debt from previous fighting. The debt led them to raise taxes and put taxes on items that were previously un-taxed, and most authority figures in Britain at the time were un-interested in the interests of the colonies, and other than being taxed, the colonies were left to fend for themselves economically. All of that led to the colonists revolting, then declaring independance.

I haven't really read much about World War II, but a lot of my relatives either fought in one theater of the war or another, or they supported the war effort. Most of them did pay enough attention to pretty much be a good source of history. From what I've heard, France was a Nazi territory by 1940, and Britain was barely staving off bombing runs from the Nazi air force. One of my grandma's friends was an American fighter pilot that was actually sent to aid the British R.A.F. He was one of many. So if it wasn't for the that, and the U.S. donating it's decommished warships and sending massive amounts of supplies to Britain, it more than likely would've shared the same fate as occupied France.

So it is you my friend that needs to read a history book. One hundred percent of what you said was pretty false. It might've been good enough to pass you through a British history class...But from all that you said, that doesn't seem like a really hard thing to do.

If you can't stand me, then sit down.
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/24 04:26:35 (permalink)
    You're the one that needs to read a history book. For one, you need to understand that no two countries are gonna say the same thing about the same event. And that's what seems to have occured here. Historians in your country only added in stuff that made their country sound good, and in this case they're all in-accurate fairy tales.

Actually we are pretty on the money with history, it is you who really have no great grasp of it.

Again please read the books, if you think those nations I listed sent advisors and the odd ship, you are delusional.

You are correct that we pretty much beat ourselves as we didnt put enough resources into the war, also logistics were a problem.

But as a country, we are not known for weaving falsehoods into our history to make us "look good". In fact we are very self critical, especially when talking about our colonialism.

And you talk about "Americans", you were technically colonies of English, German, French etc!
    post edited by ldopas - 2011/04/24 04:27:40
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/24 04:31:32 (permalink)
    I haven't really read much about World War II, but a lot of my relatives either fought in one theater of the war or another, or they supported the war effort. Most of them did pay enough attention to pretty much be a good source of history. From what I've heard, France was a Nazi territory by 1940, and Britain was barely staving off bombing runs from the Nazi air force. One of my grandma's friends was an American fighter pilot that was actually sent to aid the British R.A.F. He was one of many. So if it wasn't for the that, and the U.S. donating it's decommished warships and sending massive amounts of supplies to Britain, it more than likely would've shared the same fate as occupied France.

You havent read much about the last major war? And you accuse me of historical ignrance??? Jezuz!

Yes France was invaded and we as a country stood alone. STOOD ALONE. Look at an atlas, see the tiny size of our country compared with who we were fighting?

And of course a lot of US people were brave and helped, I never said they didnt.

What we get fed up with is the bullshit about how you did it all, forgetting the fact you werent even THERE for two years while our brave people were fighting and dying to stop evil.
    post edited by ldopas - 2011/04/24 04:35:20
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    RE: Uncle Toms 2011/04/24 04:34:23 (permalink)
    Ive just read what you put in the other forum.

Ok, I too apologise for being too full blast at you. I admit I LOVE debates, and you clearly are not a shy retiring person either.

Lets drop it.

What I would say you are clearly too intelligent to be a racist, so please dont stoop to that. I suspect you dont need to be like that to beat people down in debates anyway!

Lets call it a score draw.
    post edited by ldopas - 2011/04/24 04:50:33
    Daviticus
    Pleasant
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: RE: Uncle Toms 2020/01/24 14:16:03 (permalink)
    ldopasLets call it a score draw.

Right, Idopas, let's call it a draw. Save what scraps of ego you can.
    ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    Re: RE: Uncle Toms 2020/02/18 13:26:09 (permalink)
    Daviticus
    ldopasLets call it a score draw.

Right, Idopas, let's call it a draw. Save what scraps of ego you can.

Did you really just reply to a discussion in the forum that bears my name for a post that I wrote here 9 years ago?

Do I know you? I'm assuming you are new or have changed your name. The fact that you called me Idopas when anyone who has posted on this board since 2002 like I have knows the name is ldopas, L dopas as in Ldopamine.

My ego is intact thank you. I find that quoting facts helps that! But if you wish to continue a decade old discussion I will be only too happy to do that.
    post edited by ldopas - 2020/02/18 13:28:55
    Daviticus
    Pleasant
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: RE: Uncle Toms 2020/02/18 23:49:30 (permalink)
    ldopas

My ego is intact thank you. I find that quoting facts helps that!

I'm sure quoting CONVENIENT facts helps that...

"Revisionist history, it's such a comfort" -The Doctor, Star Trek: Voyager, "Living Witness".

ldopas
    I Gots People Skills
    Re: RE: Uncle Toms 2020/02/20 11:31:41 (permalink)
    Daviticus
    ldopas

My ego is intact thank you. I find that quoting facts helps that!

I'm sure quoting CONVENIENT facts helps that...

"Revisionist history, it's such a comfort" -The Doctor, Star Trek: Voyager, "Living Witness".

Ah I've got my own troll!

Firstly a convenient fact is still a fact. If you wish to counter anything I said put your own facts and I will assess them.

Secondly. All this is really bullshit. I've had 11 birthdays since the posts you refer to. I really couldn't give a shit. If you do want to regenerate a discussion then write something that is cogent and an argument apart from posting sentences with nothing behind them and I'll happily take a look. You might want to remind me first what debate was about as it is a decade old. Otherwise I have more important things in life to do. 
    post edited by ldopas - 2020/02/20 11:33:03
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6