Helpful ReplyHot!New Server! More Secure! Faster? Issues?

Author
keith
Team Annoy
  • Total Posts : 64
  • Reward points : 0
2019/06/27 18:22:00 (permalink)

New Server! More Secure! Faster? Issues?

Just migrated the Annoyatorium to a new server and updated some configuration settings.
As part of the server move, the site now is more secure (https by default) and using CloudFlare for speed and protection. 
If you have any questions or issues, please let me know.
Enjoy!
-Keith

-Keith
Co-Founder of the AmIAnnoying.com
Locked Out
Nusiance
  • Total Posts : 258
Re: New Server! More Secure! Faster? Issues? 2019/06/27 22:03:17 (permalink)
keith
Just migrated the Annoyatorium to a new server and updated some configuration settings.
As part of the server move, the site now is more secure (https by default) and using CloudFlare for speed and protection. 
If you have any questions or issues, please let me know.
Enjoy!
-Keith

There's going to be a number of burning questions out of all this.  Chief among them is the impact it's going to have on profile numbers (and we definitely do not have 45,000).
kittencat
Nusiance
  • Total Posts : 362
Re: New Server! More Secure! Faster? Issues? 2019/09/12 23:19:29 (permalink)
I can't do anything in the https://manage.amiannoying.com section. I even received a private message from David Seabrook and am not able to use the Reply feature because when I click on it nothing happens. As a result I am not able to write a profile I wanted to share.

My breath smells like cat food.
David Seabrook
AIA Proofreader
  • Total Posts : 16948
Re: New Server! More Secure! Faster? Issues? 2019/09/14 00:59:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kittencat 2019/09/14 05:58:49
I tried to get the Blind Gossip to load several times, and it "timed out" for me all but once.  The one time it loaded, I think the items for the annoying section were posted 3 times each (there was something like 24 or 25 why annoying boxes).  I'm not sure how or why this happened, but...

The issue you might be experiencing is "timing out".  When a profile gets too long, it's extremely hard to load (which is why, for example, I wasn't able to update the cancellation dates for several tv program profiles - the profiles were simply too long and they would not load on the site management software).

Generally speaking, my personal rule when using the profile module is: no more than 2 to 3 boxes for the credential, 4 to 5 boxes for the why annoying section, and 4 to 5 boxes for the why not annoying section.  When the profile gets much longer than that, it starts getting harder and harder/taking longer and longer to load.

I deleted the previous Blind Gossip draft which wouldn't load, and created a new one.  Try logging in to the module, and at most, entering 4 to 5 annoying reasons and 4 to 5 not annoying reasons.  If you're able to get all of that to load, you're welcome to try to add more to each section, but if the original somehow ended up with over 25 information boxes, that might be why it wouldn't load for you.

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.
kittencat
Nusiance
  • Total Posts : 362
Re: New Server! More Secure! Faster? Issues? 2019/09/14 05:59:11 (permalink)
It worked this time. Thank you!

My breath smells like cat food.
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6