Voting Ends:
Author
toysintheattic
Juke Box Hero
  • Total Posts : 7745
  • Reward points : 0
2019/12/03 15:00:31 (permalink)

Best Super Bowl of the 2010's

With the decade nearly over, I figured I'd throw this poll up.

"I once choked a chupacabra to death with my own bare hands for not saying grace. Don't ask you will never know what I'm talking about."
Sir Todd Bridges

5 Replies Related Threads

toysintheattic
    Juke Box Hero
    Re: Best Super Bowl of the 2010's 2019/12/03 15:42:55 (permalink)
    My personal rankings:

10. LIII - There was one touchdown, along with just two turnovers and five sacks. The sole highlight of this game was Squidward's cameo during the Halftime Show. This is the only bad Brady/Belichick Super Bowl.

9. L - I like a good defensive game (as we will see higher on the list) but in a Super Bowl I expect some offense. The Denver defense did an amazing job shutting down Cam. Peyton Manning limped off into the sunset replacing Trent Dilfer as the worst quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl.

8. XLV - Eh, something has to be eight. Considering it was the 2010 season, it was at least fun to see the Pack defense kick Roethlisberger's ass.

7. XLVI - A good sequel to a great movie.

6. XLVII - The Ravens route the 49ers, the Superdome isn't ready for Beyonce's jelly, the blackout and an amazing 49ers almost comeback. I would rank the first Super Bowl in ten years without a Brady, Roethlisberger or Manning higher if the final offensive play of the 49ers didn't end with the worst missed pass interference call in New Orleans.

5. XLVIII - What happens when an unstoppable force (the Broncos offense) meets an immovable object (the Seahawks defense)? The Legion of Boom end this game well before Bruno Mars takes the stage. I think is an underrated Super Bowl because we didn't get what was advertised, what we got was proof that this Seattle defense is the best defense since the 85 Bears.

4. LI - I am torn where to put this because it's both the best comeback and the worst coached 4th quarter in Super Bowl history. Seriously Dan Quinn, you are in field goal range, up by eight with under 5 to play and you have the best kicker in the NFC and arguably the best running back combo in the NFL and you called those plays? But that Edelman catch was amazing.

3. XLIV - You open off the second half with an onside kick and seal the Super Bowl with a Tracy Porter 74 yard pick six.

2. LII - The Philly Special 

1. XLIX - I love a back and forth game. I love seeing a team comeback and take the lead with under three to go. I loved that Jermaine Kearse circus catch to get Seattle to first and goal with a little over a minute to go. No matter what happened, we would question two coaches I can't stomach whether it was Belichick for not using the timeouts or Carroll for keeping the ball in the air. Butler picks off DangerRuss and New England pick up their fourth ring in a classic.

"I once choked a chupacabra to death with my own bare hands for not saying grace. Don't ask you will never know what I'm talking about."
    Sir Todd Bridges
    David Seabrook
    AIA Proofreader
    • Total Posts : 16979
    Re: Best Super Bowl of the 2010's 2019/12/03 19:39:26 (permalink)
    I'll admit, the Super Bowl I want to vote for is a completely biased choice, and that of course would be the Broncos Super Bowl victory over the Panthers.  That was one of my favorite nights of the entire decade (and of my life), hanging with a bunch of friends in the Denver 'burbs and celebrating a championship.

The Patriots comeback/the Falcons collapse was something to watch.  I definitely wasn't rooting for the Patriots, but, it definitely stands out to me as one of the more memorable games of the decade.  The Eagles win over the Patriots was entertaining, in that, basically, every time one of the teams had the ball, they scored.

Ulimately, and sorry Hoxy, I picked the Saints over the Colts.  An exciting game, and, I felt happy for the city of New Orleans.

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.
    Hoxy
    Hoosier Hoops Guru
    • Total Posts : 11063
    Re: Best Super Bowl of the 2010's 2019/12/04 07:48:36 (permalink)
    I think I agree with toys' takes that Patriots-Seahawks was the decade's best Super Bowl and Patriots-Rams was the worst Super Bowl.  I put 28-3 as my #2, because among other things it did spotlight how ridiculous NFL overtime rules are.

I can't believe the Super Bowl where momentum shifted because a reality star husband didn't recover an onside kick happened this decade. #NotBitter

Regardless, I still think this is the best Super Bowl gif of the decade:

toysintheattic
    Juke Box Hero
    Re: Best Super Bowl of the 2010's 2019/12/04 20:19:19 (permalink)
    David Seabrook
    I'll admit, the Super Bowl I want to vote for is a completely biased choice, and that of course would be the Broncos Super Bowl victory over the Panthers.  That was one of my favorite nights of the entire decade (and of my life), hanging with a bunch of friends in the Denver 'burbs and celebrating a championship.

I couldn't fault you if you went with that one. I have great memories associated with being in Kansas City during the 2015 World Series and even the loss of 2014 provided people with a lot of great moments to smile. I also won a little bit of money on your Broncos.

Sir Todd Bridges
    toysintheattic
    Juke Box Hero
    Re: Best Super Bowl of the 2010's 2019/12/04 20:20:46 (permalink)
    Hoxy

Regardless, I still think this is the best Super Bowl gif of the decade:

How did I forget the moment when Eli realized he wasn't his dad's favorite son anymore?

Sir Todd Bridges
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6