Scottie Pippen Accuses Phil Jackson of Being Racist

Author
kittencat
Pest
  • Total Posts : 462
  • Reward points : 0
2021/06/28 22:38:56 (permalink)

Scottie Pippen Accuses Phil Jackson of Being Racist

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/06/28/scottie-pippen-accuses-phil-jackson-being-racist

While appearing on Monday's Dan Patrick Show, Pippen addressed comments he made in an interview with GQ about a 1994 playoff game between the Bulls and Knicks.
With the score tied at 102 with 1.8 seconds remaining, Pippen infamously refused to enter the game coming out of a timeout. Pippen stayed on the bench in protest because Jackson elected to draw up the Bulls' last-second play for then-rookie Toni Kukoč instead of him. Kukoč went on to make the game-winning jumper.
"I felt like it was an opportunity to give (Kukoč) a rise," Pippen told GQ. "It was a racial move to give him a rise. After all I’ve been through with this organization, now you're gonna tell me to take the ball out and throw it to Toni Kukoč? You’re insulting me."
When asked about his "racial" comment Monday, Pippen doubled down. 
"Why would Toni, who's a rookie, get the last-second shot and you put me out of bounds? That's what I mean racial," Pippen said.
 Patrick replied, "By saying 'a racial move,' then you're calling Phil a racist." 
"I don't got a problem with that," Pippen said.

My breath smells like cat food.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6