Helpful ReplyHot!New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!!

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Hofy
Pleasant
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/23 16:39:08 (permalink)
This new layout absolutely SUCKS!
It is way too spread out.  I used to be able to read the whole profile on a single screen.  Now I have to scroll forever.  I see the name and profile pic, then I have to scroll to the resume, then down to why they might be annoying, then down to why they might not be annoying.
Way too spread out and way too much white space.  

Way to go, you made it more gooder.  (That is sarcasm for you fucked it up really good!)
keith
Team Annoy
  • Total Posts : 81
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/23 17:59:21 (permalink)
Locked Out
In the previous model, the text that named the profile would have been the largest in size.  The text for Voting Station would have been one size smaller, with the checkbox text being a size smaller than the Voting Station text.

Tweaked voting station and voting results. Should be smaller and nicer.

Locked Out 
For the Collection page, the text matching the profile would have been at 4 or 5, while the descriptors would have been in regular text at the 3 or 4.  At this point, I think we went too far one way to too far the other.  You want to preserve as much of the classic text structure (including a revert to black text where you now have that cold FBI color) as the new model can fit.

Also want to reverse the highlighting structure for In the News and Other Recent.

I honestly don't understand / I'm not following. If you want to send me screenshots, feel free. You can PM if you need an e-mail address. 

-Keith
Co-Founder of the AmIAnnoying.com
Locked Out
Pest
  • Total Posts : 569
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/23 18:52:38 (permalink)
I was referring to font sizes.

In the classic layout, the Search Celebrities and Search Collections boxes were standard, without needing a magnifying glass to click on.  They were in the top left corner just below the bar that held the Annoyatorium Forum link.  The text for each of these indicators was a Font Size 2 (10 pt).  Wasn't a bad idea make the search boxes larger, but I want to know how the others feel about their placement on a row rather than in a column.

For reference, the other sizes (as we use on these boards) are 1 (8 pt), 3 (12 pt), 4 (14 pt), 5 (18 pt), 6 (24 pt), and 7 (36 pt).

Upshot?  I really want the rest of you guys that posted to weigh in before the final layout.  I should not be the only one.  And this is something you hold just as dear to your hearts as I do.
post edited by Locked Out - 2022/01/23 19:02:29

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
SmokeGetsInYourEyes
Pain in the Ass
  • Total Posts : 1226
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/23 19:14:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Hofy 2022/01/23 19:43:09
Is there any way to just make the picture in the profile smaller and off to the right like the classic style, so there's more room for the actual content? Its just a pain in the neck to scroll down - and actually on a mobile device its even more tedious (as I found out at work today) because it carries into site news after the individual profile's collections. As Locked Out says, ideally the more of the original classic style that could be preserved the better. I would hope that the rest of the team is able to have input before the final layout - ideally I would like to continue to look forward to publishing as it IS something that I enjoy 
post edited by SmokeGetsInYourEyes - 2022/01/23 19:15:52
Ricky
Mr. Hockey
  • Total Posts : 3437
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/23 23:06:32 (permalink)
Robert MItchum Rules
Is there any way to just make the picture in the profile smaller and off to the right like the classic style, so there's more room for the actual content? Its just a pain in the neck to scroll down - and actually on a mobile device its even more tedious (as I found out at work today) because it carries into site news after the individual profile's collections. As Locked Out says, ideally the more of the original classic style that could be preserved the better. I would hope that the rest of the team is able to have input before the final layout - ideally I would like to continue to look forward to publishing as it IS something that I enjoy 

I'm having the same issues on a tablet. can't search anything on there

Canucks rule and Luongo is God!!!
keith
Team Annoy
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/24 08:29:01 (permalink)
Ricky

What exactly do you mean you can't search anything? Do you see a search button? Does that work? 

-Keith
keith
Team Annoy
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/24 08:30:48 (permalink)
Uploaded updated version.
- Site news gone (too old)
- Added celebrity count to right side bar top
- Added recent collections to main page
- Made sidebars more into menus

Working through other font and display concerns/feedback. This will include new voting station and voting results. Experimenting with image placement. Will post more updates and questions shortly.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,

post edited by keith - 2022/01/24 08:34:02

-Keith
keith
Team Annoy
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/24 09:18:15 (permalink)
I've seen comments about the usefulness of the site on mobile with the old look vs new look. I get it that more information isn't available without scrolling, but I don't understand how the old look was useful when you can read anything because it's so small.

What am I missing?

Attached Image(s)

-Keith
Locked Out
Pest
  • Total Posts : 569
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/24 19:15:31 (permalink)
Not so bad up to now, but there are at lest two issues with the collection pages (where profiles are listed based on what's in that collection): the heading text (the specific name given to the collection) is in slate grey, where it used to be our signature red; and it is now the same size as the subcategory text, which used to be at least one size smaller.

The text that falls under the resume line is now in that same shade of slate, where it used to be in black.  I'd be OK with it as the color for the resume line, but not for the actual written parts.

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Ricky
Mr. Hockey
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/24 21:51:32 (permalink)
keith
Ricky

What exactly do you mean you can't search anything? Do you see a search button? Does that work? 

The magnifying glass is there, but when I click on it, it doesn't go to the search area

On an unrelated note, I have PM'd you in regards to uploading a picture onto the Antonio McDyess profile, which doesn't have one  
post edited by Ricky - 2022/01/24 22:01:31

C. Fishel
Pain in the Ass
  • Total Posts : 3756
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/24 22:21:17 (permalink)

About the layout on phones/tablets:

Is the fact that you have to press the three slate blue lines located between the AIA logo and the search magnifying glass to access the buttons for 'Anoyatorium Forum,' 'New Profiles,' 'Collections,' etc., something that non-geezers know offhand? 

Otherwise, endorsing Locked Out's comments regarding the color scheme.
Ricky
Mr. Hockey
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/25 01:06:13 (permalink)
C. Fishel

About the layout on phones/tablets:

Is the fact that you have to press the three slate blue lines located between the AIA logo and the search magnifying glass to access the buttons for 'Anoyatorium Forum,' 'New Profiles,' 'Collections,' etc., something that non-geezers know offhand? 

Otherwise, endorsing Locked Out's comments regarding the color scheme.

When I use my phone, I can see the three bars by the magnifying glass but on my tablet, it's only the magnifying glass and no three bars.

Eddie Burphy
Nusiance
  • Total Posts : 331
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/25 13:32:23 (permalink)
Keith, i need your email address so i can send you the screenshots. I was on a tablet and don't see the three bars at the top like i do on the smartphone
post edited by Eddie Burphy - 2022/01/25 13:39:25

"Don't try to lessen yourself for the world; let the world catch up to you." -Beyoncé 
Hofy
Pleasant
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/25 13:57:35 (permalink)
This is what I see.  WAY TOO MUCH blank area.  Tighten it up and everything can stay the same size.

Attached Image(s)

Ricky
Mr. Hockey
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 00:45:42 (permalink)
Hofy
This is what I see.  WAY TOO MUCH blank area.  Tighten it up and everything can stay the same size.

I agree, and also, put the bars on so it's easier to search for a profile when using a tablet
post edited by Ricky - 2022/01/26 00:47:04

keith
Team Annoy
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 11:23:34 (permalink)
Ricky
keith
Ricky

The magnifying glass is there, but when I click on it, it doesn't go to the search area

What device? Does the new menu show up? It won't jump to that section, but a new menu should.

-Keith
keith
Team Annoy
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 14:02:03 (permalink)
Locked Out
Not so bad up to now, but there are at lest two issues with the collection pages (where profiles are listed based on what's in that collection): the heading text (the specific name given to the collection) is in slate grey, where it used to be our signature red; and it is now the same size as the subcategory text, which used to be at least one size smaller.

The text that falls under the resume line is now in that same shade of slate, where it used to be in black.  I'd be OK with it as the color for the resume line, but not for the actual written parts.

Thanks for your feedback, but I honestly continue to struggle with the words/way you're describing things.

I just made some tweaks to the collection page. I don't think using red for a title that isn't a hyperlink is a good idea. All the red now is a hyperlink and I think using red for a non-hyperlink title is confusing.

Happy to discuss other tweaks. If you have the ability to take screenshots and mark them up with comments, that might be easier?

-Keith
keith
Team Annoy
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 14:03:49 (permalink)
C. Fishel

It's weirdly called a hamburger menu and has been pretty standard in most smartphone apps for a long time.

-Keith
keith
Team Annoy
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 14:04:37 (permalink)
Ricky

When I use my phone, I can see the three bars by the magnifying glass but on my tablet, it's only the magnifying glass and no three bars.

What kind of tablet? Do you see the menu? Got a screenshot you can share?

-Keith
keith
Team Annoy
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 14:07:26 (permalink)
Hofy

I have a version where the page takes up the whole screen. It provides zero additional functionally/info.

The goal is to have a site that works well across platforms (mobile & desktop).

The layout is intended to provide a responsive, familiar and usable experience across the platforms.

-Keith
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2022 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6