Helpful ReplyHot!New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!!

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
keith
Team Annoy
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Reward points : 0
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 14:08:22 (permalink)
Updated version(s) today:
- New voting box and results
- Tweaked collection page

Appreciate the continued feedback.

-Keith
Co-Founder of the AmIAnnoying.com
Locked Out
Pest
  • Total Posts : 569
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 18:01:14 (permalink)
For the page on which the profile appears:
  • The image is now centered instead of firmly on the right (fine on a tablet, but on a laptop, see the latter part of the next point).
  • The occupation descriptor is in a red box that, if it is long enough, overlaps the image in a distracting manner.  Keeping it left-justified is fine, though now it looks like a Coca-Cola can.
  • I'm not sure how to describe the other profile details, but they're currently in slate.  I know what I'd be fine keeping in that color, but I can't describe it properly.  See the image below.
For the page on which the collection appears:
  • The name of the collection (top center) is in slate, when it used to be in red.
  • The occupation descriptor and vote tally do not need to be boldface.  
  • The ranking numbers should be just fine in slate.
Upshot, the color called slate may have become a little too dominant in our navigation.

The slight tint, which will become noticeable when you go to the Lookup Resume page, is one of my new favorite things.

Note: I had to do a hell of a lot of resizing because the original was still 15 times too big.
post edited by Locked Out - 2022/01/27 09:51:37

Attached Image(s)

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
SmokeGetsInYourEyes
Pain in the Ass
  • Total Posts : 1226
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/26 23:07:09 (permalink)
I'll definitely say its nice to have collections with more than 75 - 100 profiles have every single image load and be visible, as opposed to the previous model which would have almost every image past 75 not load. 

That being said if there's any way to make the image in the profile itself a little smaller, that would be helpful. It doesn't have to be off to the right side (although that would definitely help), but if it could be minimized in any way so that there's more room to be able to read the profile without having to scroll down as much. The pictures also tend to be so large they come off as blurry and out of focus in the profile itself (although the image quality when seen in the collections is actually quite good). That would be my suggestion.
Locked Out
Pest
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/27 15:36:37 (permalink)
Can we otherwise live with this new layout?  I'm pretty sure I can.

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Hofy
Pleasant
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/27 15:44:58 (permalink)
Robert MItchum Rules
I'll definitely say its nice to have collections with more than 75 - 100 profiles have every single image load and be visible, as opposed to the previous model which would have almost every image past 75 not load. 

That being said if there's any way to make the image in the profile itself a little smaller, that would be helpful. It doesn't have to be off to the right side (although that would definitely help), but if it could be minimized in any way so that there's more room to be able to read the profile without having to scroll down as much. The pictures also tend to be so large they come off as blurry and out of focus in the profile itself (although the image quality when seen in the collections is actually quite good). That would be my suggestion.

Yes I think having the photo off to the side like it used to be will allow the text to move up and eliminate some or all of the scrolling.
Tim the Slipperman 2.0
Cranky
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/01/27 21:17:58 (permalink)
The link to the Top 25 "weekly" (more like biweekly to monthly) list is currently broken (clicking on the link for the year's 1st tabulated list returns the "annoying error" page right now)
Locked Out
Pest
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/02/16 10:07:50 (permalink)
Anything else we missed?  Because I'm pretty sure this isn't the end of it.

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Tim the Slipperman 2.0
Cranky
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/02/16 12:23:34 (permalink)
Locked Out
Anything else we missed?  Because I'm pretty sure this isn't the end of it.

For me the link to the Top 25 periodical Most/Least Annoying Lists is still broken.
https://www.amiannoying.com/(S(ccjinijcbzyl2haozohvkkk2))/weeklyarchive.aspx
When I click the 'January 27' link on this page, it takes me to the 'Annoying Error' page.
Locked Out
Pest
Re: New AIA layout: are you SHITTING me??!! 2022/05/17 19:45:12 (permalink)
I remember at one time searching for a profile on AnnaLynne McCord to make sure she hadn't been taken.  It didn't show up, which left me to assume it was up for grabs.  I told Bruce very clearly why I made that assumption, and it got duly corrected.  That's also why I saw it as so important to have the Person Lookup link (which enables the user to search by first name and get the profile number almost immediately) in a conspicuous spot: if you haven't bookmarked the page yourself, chances are you won't know it exists.
post edited by Locked Out - 2022/05/17 19:53:08

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2022 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.6